Monday, October 6, 2008

Using Technology to Engage English Students

Welcome to my blog about technology and English instruction. Sometimes as teachers, we wonder whether we should spend the time to use technology in our classes. Three reasons I suggest you use technology are



It has real- world applications,


it teaches students to be technologically savvy,


and, it is engaging!

Here you will find some websites that I have found useful for using technology in the classroom. Enjoy!

Take a look -- Our Future -- A You Tube video clip that reminds us of the importance of using technology in the classroom.





2 comments:

Liceo Profesor Enrique Alzugaray said...

shocking if you really pay attention, this is what we must do... wake up and see that we are not adressing our students needs if we keep on labelling them and saying things like: "they don't want to study" Do we actually know how they study?

heather.renee said...

Hello! I am really interested in doing the ELF program in Uruguay and/or teaching English there. I am a current MA TESOL student in San Francisco State University. Would be willing to answer some questions about your experience as a Fellow? I am so glad I found your blog!